Thursday, July 24, 2008

Never too early to start playing with Christmas cards.
















I absolutely love Christmas. The past few years I have made all of our Christmas cards, and I love doing it. However, this year I hope to get an earlier start on them. So today I started plying with ideas. The top two of them I REALLY like. The third one is hideous, and I am only showing it on here because it's almost funny how bad it turned out. It really was cute when I pictured it in my head, but it was lost in the execution.

The first card was so simple, but still very pretty, I think. I used the new set Heard from the Heart and the retiring set (boohoo) Peaceful Wishes. This is one of my all time favorite sets and I am so sad that it is going!! Anyway, I used Real Red for the sentiment and Sahara Sand for the mistletoe.

The second card used the new sneak peak hostess set Deer Friends. So cute!! I also used two new in colors, Riding Hood Red and Kiwi Kiss, and I used Barely Banana for the circle mat. I used my crystal effects to put dazzling diamond glitter on Santa's hat. It works really well, and I wish I could remember who's blog I saw that tip on!!! Kudos to you, whoever you are!!

The bad card used two new in colors as well, Pirouette Pink and Baja Breeze, as well as, Certainly Celery. The only thing I liked about this card is this color combo. They look really nice together. This set is called Snowfall, and it too is retiring.

Thanks so much for looking!!!

Oh, I didn't realize how pink the first card looked!! It is stamped on Whisper White, you just can't tell it in the photo!!

No comments: